June 17, 2016 CCHE Used Curriculum Sale Instructions
Sale Location: First Evangelical Church, 4120 NE St. Johns Rd, Vancouver, WA 98661
(Please do not contact the church with questions)
Please read SALE DAY section for important details about admission fees, age restrictions for sale floor, and available child care.
Welcome! We invite you to browse the growing sale inventory as often as you like! A large number of items are added in the last two days prior to the sale. You do NOT need to create an account in order to browse items. New items will be added until 10:00 a.m. on June 16. Please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee every Seller will follow through with dropping off their registered sale items. However, the vast majority do. Therefore, the browsing feature should be a helpful planning tool for you.
Our desire is to make the process of selling items as convenient as possible. The online system allows you to create a Seller Account, enter items, print labels, and print an inventory report.
Selling fees are 12% for CCHE members and 20% for non-members. In order to take advantage of the lower selling fee, simply join CCHE or renew your membership. Membership is only $6.00 per year and worth the benefits! If you’re uncertain of your membership status, please Contact Us as soon as possible.
Prior to creating a Seller Account, please read through all of the instructions below.
Deadline for Adding Items
Using the Online System - Step One – Seller Registration and Item Entry
Using the Online System - Step Two – Labeling
Book Drop-off Day
Book Drop-Off Day: Thursday June 16, 2016, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
Sale Day: Friday June 17, 2016, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Book Pick-up: Friday June 17, 2016, 4:00-5:15 p.m. (by appointment)
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY
... AND WELL IN ADVANCE OF BOOK SALE
DEADLINE FOR ADDING ITEMS
- All sale items must be entered into the online system by 10:00 a.m. Thursday, June 16. The system will not accept any more items after this time.
- Items that are not in the system will not be accepted at Book Drop-Off.
USING THE ONLINE SYSTEM
Step One – Seller Registration and Item Entry
First, create your Seller Account (click link at top of this page). Then, add your items:
- As you add items to the online system, place each item in a box/container in the same order you entered it. Keeping the items in order will save you a lot of time when labeling later on.
- You can use the Search and Browse features to see items that are in the system and compare pricing. Other good pricing resources are used curriculum websites.
- The minimum price for an item is 25 cents.
- All items must be entered into the online system by 10:00 a.m. Thursday, June 16. The system will not accept items after this time.
- Do not enter items you intend to give away. Just bring those on check-in day and place in the free area.
- Note about security: If you are using a shared or public computer, please be sure to log off each time you finish working.
Special note to those selling Sonlight and other full-year packaged curriculum:
Unfortunately, large plastic totes of core curriculum with corresponding companion books have not sold well in the past. We advise that you consider dividing out the pieces to sell separately. If you don't want to do this, you can go ahead and try to sell as a set.
Step Two – Labeling
- Print labels on white paper with black ink only.
- Once you have finished entering items, print the Seller Inventory List to use as a reference for labeling and packing your items to take to the sale.
- IMPORTANT: Double and triple check all of your item entries against the physical items to ensure accuracy. This is a good job for a team of two people.
- Print your item labels ONLY when you are sure you have all your items entered correctly.
- Cut labels as you use them, or cut and stack them in rubber banded groups in numerical order.
- Begin labeling your items per the "How to Apply Label" Guidelines below.
- If you find an error and need to modify or remove an item from the list, be sure to discard any previously printed labels for that item and the inventory list. Then, reprint your inventory list and new labels to continue.
"How to Apply Label" Guidelines:
Use transparent tape that is 3/4" thick. For the outside labels, tear off a strip of tape 4" long. Stick the tape horizontally across the front of the entire label. Center the label on the tape so it overlaps on both sides. Then press the edges of the overlapping tape to the item to adhere the label.
- Single books, CDs, DVDs, games, items with cover: Tape one label on the front cover and one label inside the front cover of the book, or inside the item. The inside label should be adhered with one small piece of tape.
- Flat, unboxed puzzles: Wrap with plastic placing the inside label in the most outer layer, and taping one label to the outside front.
- Set of items in Ziploc bags: Tape one label inside the bag facing out, and one label on the outside of the bag. Also,
- Set of items in a plastic box: Tape one label inside the box facing out, and one label on the outside of the box.
- Sets of books/media bound with rubber bands: Please use strong, thick rubber bands stretched horizontally and vertically around the items. Tape a label to the front cover of each book/media in the set. Tape a second label to the top item. Items in bound sets DO NOT need labels on the inside front covers as we require with single items.
BOOK DROP-OFF DAY
Thursday June 16, 2016, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- Print your one-page Check-in Sheet, sign and date it, and put it with your items to bring.
- If you have a large number of items to check in one by one (100+), please plan to arrive early.
- Bring any free items in a separate box.
- Before you come, check your schedule to learn what the best time would be for your appointment to pick up unsold items. Appointment times are between 4:00 p.m. and 5:15 p.m.
- Church address: First Evangelical Church 4120 N.E. St. Johns Rd, Vancouver, WA 98661
Friday June 17, 2016, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- CCHE members get in early at 10:30 a.m. with a current CCHE membership card.
- Admission to the sale is $1 per person plus one canned food item, or $2.
- Admission fee is required of anyone entering the sales floor (age 10 and up are allowed).
- Please check expiration dates on canned and packaged foods to ensure they are good for at least one year.
- Childcare will be available during the curriculum sale for a suggested donation of $1 per hour per child.
- No children under 10 are allowed in the sale area except newborns under six months in carrying pack.
- For safety, no strollers are allowed in the sale.
BOOK PICK-UP (same as sale day)
Friday June 17, 2016, 4:00-5:15 p.m. (by appointment)
- Refer to your pick-up ticket for your scheduled pick-up time (4:00-5:15 p.m.)
- Please arrive promptly to pick up your items
- Make arrangements with someone else if you are unable to pick up your items
SNEAK PEAK OF WHAT SOLD
- Approximately six hours after the sale, you can view your inventory list online to see what items sold.
GET PAID (two to four weeks after the sale)
- CCHE will calculate your earnings minus sale fees and write a check to you for the net amount. We will mail the check to the address you entered into the system for Seller registration.
CCHE will make every effort to prevent error during the sale and at the cashier table, but sellers should understand they must withstand any loss due to theft, damage and/or human error.
GENERAL SALE QUESTIONS